Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tomato Blessing.


After all my tomato problems this year, i had completely given up on the idea of canning tomatoes. i've been very focused on planting my after 'summer' garden, and had moved past the huge tomato loss.
Yesterday i received quite a surprise! Some folks that live down the road from us called and asked if i would like some tomatoes. Of course i said yes. i pulled almost all my plants a few weeks ago, and haven't been getting any edible tomatoes.

So you can imagine my surprise when they pulled up and had two 5 gallon buckets full of beautiful tomatoes! She wanted me to have enough to can!! How incredibly generous!

i have over 30lbs to process and can. i'm so excited!! i didn't think i'd get to can any pasta sauce this year. What a blessing!

1 comment: